Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
As 2019 winds down unCUFFED has much to be thankful for. God has opened doors for us to reach more incarcerated boys and girls.
- In a partnership with Fellowship of Christian Athletes we are leading a workout class for women at the Patuxent Institution in Jessup. In line with the core philosophy of FCA and unCUFFED we are coming alongside these women to build relationships.
- A new Bible Study at the Charles H. Hickey School in Parkville lead by Mike Griffith and Sandy Dance. unCUFFED already has an existing Bible Study and Life Skills class in the Mandela building as well as tutoring at Hickey.
- A new Bible Study for girls at the Youth Detention Center on Greenmont Avenue in Baltimore lead by Kim Turner. We already serve the boys at YDC but as the girls population is growing we are meeting girls that want to grow in Christ.
- We have started a Life Skills Class at the Patuxent Institutions with boys with whom we built relationships while they were held in County facilities prior to their sentencing. They are now serving their sentences at Patuxent. Many committed egregious crimes and are serving sentences from 20 to 40 years. Still God values them and He continues to lead us to establishing enduring relationships with them. We don’t quit on the downtrodden.
- In a partnership with the Black Clergy Women of the Baltimore/Washington Conference we are starting a Life Skills Class for women at Patuxent.
Resources – We are extremely grateful for the success of our annual Celebration that allowed us to raise the money needed to continue our work into 2020. We asked and God provided. We are thankful that he touched the hearts of so many believers who partner with us in sharing the gospel behind the walls of jails and prisons in Maryland. We have more work to do in raising the necessary funds for the full year. If you consider supporting unCUFFED’s work with us with year-end gift you can click this link.
Volunteers – Thank you to those who have given so much of their time and effort to love incarcerated kids directly or to work behind the scenes to make our service possible: