Directions & Contact
720 Bosley Avenue, Towson, Maryland 21204, USA
About The Facility
The Baltimore County Detention Center’s purpose is to ensure public safety and provide a safe environment for employees, the inmate population and the community. BCDC is an adult facility that also houses juveniles aged 15-17 years old who have been charged as adults.
How To Visit
It is important to know what unit your child is housed so you can be familiar with that unit’s visitation times.
Current Housing Units for youth are as follows:
Female youth are held on 2S (Bosley)
Male youth who are General Population are held on 3A (Kenilworth)
Male youth who are Protective Custody or Restricted are on 2R (Bosley)
For more information about visitation times, to find out if an inmate has visiting privileges and other important visitation policies, click the link below or call the number listed above and press 0.
Before you visit an inmate, please be aware of the following rules:
- Inmates housed in the Kenilworth Diagnostic Unit don’t receive visiting privileges until they are transferred to the general population.
- Inmates are allowed three 30-minute visits per week (Monday through Sunday).
- You must sign in 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit.
- Visits are 30 minutes in length.
- You must have a valid photo identification issued by a federal, state, or local government agency to visit an inmate. Anyone who cannot be positively identified may not visit.
- Kenilworth housing units are: 2 G/H, 3 A/B, 3 C/D, 3 G/H, 4 A/B, 4 C/D, 4E/F, and 4 G/H.
- Bosley housing units are: 2Q, 2S, 2V, 3P, 3Q, 3S, 3T, 3V, 4P, 4S, 4T, 4V, 2P, and 2T.
- See the Visiting Regulations section for more information.
Kenilworth Housing Visiting Hours
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- No general visitors on Mondays, and on Wednesday mornings from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- On the first and third Saturday of each month, visiting hours begin at 12:30 p.m.
Bosley Housing Visiting Hours
Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
On the first and third Saturday of each month, visiting hours begin at 12:30 p.m.